This little beauty sitting on Jai’s lap is now a staple in our truck…
We make frittata’s often and with lavish gusto on the ingredients.
The one sitting here has 4 eggs with swiss cheese and delicious sweet Italian sausage.
The dish takes less than 10 minutes to make, front to back… though you may have to improvise on the cook pot you use, if you don’t have the one we use.
We have an 8-cup Aroma Rice Maker that also cooks other things like vegetables, meat, oatmeal etc.
Walmart has this pot for around $36. If you can wait, Amazon has a little better price… but this cooker is worth it to have on hand for all the frittata’s you can handle!
- Simply put the pot on to warm
- Open the lid and rub a stick of butter around the sides and bottom
- pour mixed up eggs in
- spread the sausage liberally around
- cover with cheese
- close the lid and let it cook
When it’s done, turn the pan upside-down and slide onto a plate. A wonderful breakfast, lunch or dinner!
I have added other ingredients like ANY kind of cheese you can name including:
- Gruyere, cream cheese, Pepper Jack….
- along with roasted bell peppers (these come in a jar at Walmart – be sure to get the ones that are only in water without chemicals)
- garlic …and the list can go on and on.
Jai and I love this dish.
Jai (God bless’m) is actually the one who made the very first one. I smelled it, was hooked instantly and asked him to show how he did it.
Andrea & Jai